|08-21-2013, 04:39 PM||#1|
5 Tips for Making a Hot Laptop Cooler
Prevent laptop damage by keeping it cool
5 easy tips to cool a hot laptop
1. Adjust your power settings from "high performance" to a more "balanced" or "power saver" plan. This will tell the system to only use the power required to run your applications, rather than always using the maximum processor speed; if you need to play games or other intensive work, you can switch back to the high performance plan as necessary.
2. Use dust remover spray to clean out of the laptop's vents. Dust can accumulate in and block the laptop's fan vents -- a problem easily solved with a can of compressed gas (~$10). Turn off your laptop and spray the vent to remove the dust.
3. Use a laptop cooling pad that has a fan or two. Laptop pads that have vents but no fans can also increase the air flow around your laptop and they're very portable, but for stronger cooling needs, a fan is the best way to go. For this test, I used a Belkin F5L055 (under $30), but there are also several others selected by this site's previous guide that you can explore or you could even custom build a laptop cooling system if you're so inclined.
4. Keep your working environment or computer room as comfortably cool as possible. Computers, like most people, work much better in air conditioned environments. Most server rooms or data centers operate at 70 degrees or below, according to Server Fault, and that seems like an ideal temperature recommendation for home offices as well.
5. Shut down your computer when not in use, and especially when you are not at home. The last thing you need when you get home is to find out your laptop was a fire hazard .
Taking the steps above brought down the internal temperature of an old and dangerously hot laptop from 181° Fahrenheit (83° Celsius) to 106° F (41° C) -- a difference of 41% after one hour of using the active laptop cooling pad and bringing the room temperature down to 68 degrees.
|کاربر مقابل از AsadSAAD عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده است:||
|علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)|
|(~$10)., (under, "balanced", "high, "power, $30), 5 tips for making a hot laptop cooler, accumulate, adjust, air, applications, back, belkin, block, build, centers, clean, comfortably, compressed, computer, computers, conditioned, cool, cool 5, cooler prevent, cooling, custom, damage, data, degrees, dust, dust. 3., easily, easy, environment, environments., explore, f5l055, fan, fans, fault, find, fire, flow, games, gas, go., guide, hazard, high, home, home., hot, ideal, inclined. 4., increase, intensive, keeping, laptop, laptop 1., laptop's, making, maximum, necessary. 2., offices, operate, pad, pads, people, performance, performance", plan, plan., play, portable, possible., power, previous, problem, processor, recommendation, remove, remover, required, room, rooms, run, saver", selected, server, settings, shut, site's, solved, speed;, spray, stronger, switch, system, temperature, test, they're, thing, tips, turn, two., vent, vents, vents., well. 5., work, working, you're|
|کاربران در حال دیدن موضوع: 1 نفر (0 عضو و 1 مهمان)|
|نحوه نمایش||امتیاز به این موضوع|
|موضوع||نویسنده موضوع||انجمن||پاسخ ها||آخرين نوشته|
|How can I test my laptop's temperature and what temperature should it be at?||AsadSAAD||Hardware||0||08-21-2013 04:36 PM|
|Online Banking Security Tips||AsadSAAD||Network||0||08-21-2013 04:16 PM|
|10 Tips for Wireless Home Network Security||AsadSAAD||Network||0||08-21-2013 12:32 PM|
|Cooler Master و نمایشگاه CES 2012||AsadSAAD||Air Cooling||0||06-09-2012 12:02 PM|